Cured by "Soup"

Everytime I get ill, I am told that having "soup" is good for me.  A nice big pot of home-brewed soup simmers away on the stove filled with all the goodness of vegetables, some chicken, or minced pork.  The aroma of fresh soup fills the air and before I know it, a large bowl of delicious and healthy soup stands before me.
I am given nothing but a variety of soups to eat during my "flu" and it doesn't matter for how long it lasts.  Three times a day for as long as it takes, I am to have "soup." 

I do admit though that "soup is good for the soul." 

The warm soup, warms up the ill body and leaves it feeling good.  Steam from the soup helps clear up our congested nose, chest and throat.  Of course you could do it with just plain steam, but it's so much more satisfying with delicious soup! Don't you think?

Not only that, all the goodness of vegetables which are nutrient packed with a bit of carbohydrates help give us much needed energy.   Healthy food, after all, equals healthy body. :D

What kind of soup to have?  Well, traditionally we always hear about "chicken soup" but I find that any kind of  "soup" works well.  In Thailand, I have the Thai version with minced pork and a variety of fish balls.  Carrots and tomatoes are switched to local produce and the results are just as satisfying.  Add a bit of vermicelli or egg noodles for carbohydrates :)

So have "soup. " It's good for the soul :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receive with simplicity...

Eggs for Easter

Three Hundred Nights