Taking a "Break"

It's important to listen to our bodies and know when to take a break and when to ignore it and keep on exercising.  Although it's wonderful if you are managing to keep a fit schedule of exercise three times a week and an active lifestyle, don't over push yourself when you are ill.  If you come down with a flu or get ill, don't be so hard on yourself.  Give your body a break.

Give it a break when it needs it.  Not when the "mind" needs it.

I know myself that I get lazy and tend to want to stop running or going to the gym, so I make myself go by telling myself  "No excuses."   I make myself get up and go.   It works wonders.  I go to the gymn and I exercise.   I feel wonderful.

Sometimes though, I tell myself  "No excuses" even when I need to stop and just let my body rest.   I catch myself not yet fully recovered yet I want to go so that I am still on schedule.  It becomes a little obsession that I have to make my quota of at least twice a week.

As with anything, it's best not to be obessed.  As Buddhism teaches us, follow the "middle-path."  Do everything in moderation.   Make the experience enjoyable and fun.  If your body is telling you to "stop", stop and let it rest for a bit.   However, make sure it's not just an excuse to stop exercising !!

Take a "break" if your body needs it. Just make sure it isn't a permanent break.  Make a schedule of when to start getting back on track to exercise after you've fully recovered.  Don't let your exercise stop for more than a week.  This way, you can sustain being "healthy!" 

Happy running!  (I went running already since my recovery and will continue to do so!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

Receive with simplicity...

Three Hundred Nights