Stay away Flu!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for your patience..:)  It's been almost a week since I last wrote and I must say I miss writing my blog!   Yes, catching the seasonal  flu is absolutely no fun with its body aches, fever, headaches, stuffy nose, and sore throat.    Even though it's not as bad as the 2009 flu, it was bad enough for me.  I'm happy to be over it.

It's been raining almost daily in Bangkok and the humid weather makes it perfect ground for the flu-virus to spread.   Everyday on facebook, I spot a friend either having caught the flu or getting a flu shot.  So my advice to everyone?

Take care of your hygiene!

1. Wash your hands regularly after going to the bathroom, before meals, or whenever you have the chance. Make sure you use soap and give it a thorough wash through.  (Not one of those fast running-by-the-tap washes.)
2.  Carry a small portable anti-bacterial hand gel that you can use to clean your hands after you've been on the sky train, or holding on to rails that have probably passed by a hundred hands.  Elevator buttons too.
3.  Avoid rubbing your eyes or your mouth with an unclean hand.

Of course we all know this.  Sometimes we just forget :)  I do all the time.

Oh, and if you feel yourself catching a cold/flu and start coughing,  please wear a face mask so you won't be spreading it to others around you. It's uncomfortable, but it's better for everyone. Thank you.  :)

If you have a fever, my doctor tells me that the normal body temperature is 37 degrees.  If you go to 38 you have a fever but it could be just the regular flu.  If you go up to 39 degrees that is considered "high temperature" and you should consult your doctor.  It could be the 2009 flu!

If you don't have one already, a thermometer is always useful to have at home. This way you can check to see if you are just "thinking" you are ill, or if you really are ill.    (I didn't so I didn't know if my temperature was high or not. Now I have one. :) 

Of course, all you have to do is sleep, sleep, and more sleep!   Get lots of rest!

Good health to everyone and stay away from the flu! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

Receive with simplicity...

Three Hundred Nights