Japanese Sweets: Maple Snaffles from Hokkaido


I wake up in the wee hours of the morning (4.30am) for no apparent reason today with the thought of Maple Snaffes in my head. The thought of it won't go away, my brain wants to have some, but helas we don't have any and so I will just have to write about it instead. Continuing from my previous posts on Snaffles from Hokkaido, where I talked about the original cheesecake flavor and chocolate favor, I have to say that my new favorite one is the Maple Snaffes Cheesecake.

The Maple Snaffles cheesecake have the same soft and feathery texture of the original cheesecake flavor but it has an added tinge of maple syrup. The great thing is that you can taste and smell the maple syrup but yet it does not overwhelm the cheesecake. It makes the cheesecake aromatic (I like the smell of maple syrup, don't you? ) Too much of the maple syrup would make it too sweet, too little would not be enough to make it aromatic. The Maple Snaffles, have the amount just right.

If you've never tried the Maple Snaffles, I think you should try it. The chocolate cheesecake one is for chocolate lovers and if you don't like the smell of maple syrup, then the original cheesecake one is good for you.

I suddenly have a craving for some rich maple syrup now writing about this. Maybe today I shall go buy some and make some pancakes!

Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One