Happy Birthday!

Today I'd like to wish all my readers out there a very Happy Birthday! :) I'd like to Thank You each and everyone for your comments and for reading my blog! I wish you all lots of happiness, good health, and success in all your endeavors. Don't forget to have some fun and enjoy life!

Some of you might wonder why I'm wishing you "Happy Birthday." The answer is simple: today is my birthday so I wanted to share the happiness one feels on this joyous day with everyone. It also happens to be the same date that the first test-tube baby was born. I wonder where he/she is now?

Birthdays are always a time for self reflection for me: "I'm a year older now, am I any wiser?
How have I changed?" In life there must be progress. I want to be a better person and have a happier life. Looking back on the past year, things have certainly changed for the better. Here are some of the highlights:

1) I am now much healthier. A year ago, I was 15kgs heavier and very unhealthy. I could barely run. I had less energy and more stress. My weight has been steady now for 7 months and it WILL be like this for the rest of my life. No, I'm not kidding. I'm not going to let myself get unhealthy again. There'll be times when my weight goes up a kg or so, but I will be aware of it and then just run it off. Life is no fun without good health. There are still so many things to do and places to see before my time on earth is over. I don't want to spend it being ill.

2) I can now buy clothes wherever I want to. No longer am I limited to certain brands at certain department stores with limited selection. I can wear anything I dare to. I am no longer fooling myself that I am "conservative." I like to dress up.

3) I am now more caring, more understanding and more patient. I'm less demanding. Other people's needs are now becoming more important to me than my own needs. I can give "more" now that I have more "me" time and there is more for me to give. "More is less"

4) I am more content. I used to have a zillion wants in this world, and could never imagine myself staying home on my birthday. It had to be party time! Today, I actually wanted to stay home. I was tired and although it is a joyous day, I will be celebrating it for the next two days with the people who matter most: my family. That is all that matters.

5) I started writing this blog. It has now become my passion. Writing has taught me more than I have ever hoped for and has given me the opportunity to learn more about people and all that happens around me.

6) I've walked around Bangkok more than I have ever done in my ten years of living here. Together with Alex on our little "walking tours" we've been exploring more of the historic neighborhoods and sites along the Chaophraya river. Learning more about the city and its inhabitants and ourselves in the process.

7) Being more "positive" since Alex and I decided to say "good" things when we talk to each other about work or other subjects. It's all too easy to get into the habit of complaining and seeing the negative side of things. Appreciate life and all the things it has to offer. Life's too short to be spent complaining.

8) More financially responsible. I can actually survive on the little income I have left after buying a new car and apartment. It's just a matter of adapting one's spending habits. Less little odds and ends, but bigger and more useful items. Opening oneself up to more opportunities and fearing less.

9) Realizing that I'm not getting any younger and that I'd better do what I want to do and take care of myself before life passes me by.

Blink! and another year has passed by. Mine has definitely. I can only hope that the next year will bring with it more adventures and new discoveries. Life's an evolving process that never ends and never stops. Time only keeps on ticking forward.

Good night and sweet dreams my dear readers. Happy Birthday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One