Eat at Kuu Restaurant

It's the weekend, the time when we get to rest our tired souls after a long and hectic work week. What best to write about than good places to eat? Oh the little joys we get from eating and sleeping. I love Japanese food, so a lot of my eating choices tend to be Japanese, with my latest discovery being the restaurant called "Kuu."

Although "Kuu" means a moon goddess in Finnish, in Japanese it translates to " to eat," and what can be a more appropriate name for a restaurant where your main purpose is to eat?

The restaurant is decorated in a modern style of grey and dark brown. Very hip. It easily feels like you are sitting in an expensive modern style restaurant, yet the pricing is reasonable. It costs the same as other Japanese chain restaurants, yet I find the ambiance and food of higher quality. The tables aren't too closely placed so you have your space without having to worry about being too close to your neighbour. The service is friendly and helpful.

What about the food then? I thought the food was wonderfully delicious and a great deal for the price. The shrimp tempura was a crispy and the shrimps enormous. They are easily over 15 cm long! I also had some grilled chicken ball (I forget the name) that came on a skewer and it was full of texture and bite. Yummy..

For my main dish, I had the Tonkatsu with curry set. I loved the fact that the pork was not soaking in oil and full of fat. It was good quality lean pork. The curry was full of flavour and the beef tender. My set came with steamed egg, soup, and a side salad. Ice cream was also included in the set lunch.
Attention is paid to every detail. You can tell that the owner or owners put much care into this restaurant. My friends commented on how they liked the little wooden spoon with which the ice-cream is served and the glasses had their logo. It's always the little things that make a difference.

A friend of mine, who does not easily like any kind of food or restaurant easily, gave it her approval. The restaurant passed her test. Although a Thai chain, it can easily fool you into being Japanese. I had it at Central Pinklao which is near to my office, but you can also find it at the hip and happening K-Village.

Itadakimasu! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One