Little by Little

It's been a few days since this writer last wrote and already I can feel the fingers and mind get a little rusty.  The words don't flow quite as easily and the fingers have a little hesitation.  Or perhaps its my headaches that are slowing things down.  Whatever it is, there's no excuse.  If you want to practice something or face a daunting task, I suggest do start doing it little by little.

For example, if you want to practice writing.  Keeping a blog is wonderful.  It lets you write a little each day.  Little by little each day you get to practice writing.  If you don't want to publish, keep a little journal. Practice your handwriting.  My handwriting is awful now.  I type faster than I write.

If you want to lose weight and you have a two digit goal like 10kgs, the task can seem very daunting. 

Where do you start? Where to begin? Some people give up just thinking about it and revert back to eating.  It seems too difficult. I fear I will not survive. I fear I would not succeed.  I fear I will not lose weight.  I fear it will yet be another failed attempt at dieting.  Our fears are endless.  There is a never-ending list of fears we have.  So forget about the fears and just do it.

So my suggestion tonight is if you have a big project ahead of you.  No matter how large, how daunting, what you can do is break it down into little pieces.  Make the goals achievable.  If you want to start writing, write just a few sentences.  Who said you had to write entire essays everytime? Essays that have to be perfect?

If you want to lose weight, aim first to lose 2kgs or 5kgs.  These are achievable goals.  Once you reach them, move them out.  Lose another two or another five.  By the time you finish, you'd have accumulated more weight loss than you first realize.  2kgs + 5kg+3kgs and voila, its already 10kgs!

Remember this: overcome your fears and break tasks  into small achievable goals.  If you can do this, then you can do anything you want in life. (Of course you can't turn into a toad, unless you had a magic potion.  And  yes, I have to keep reminding myself of this also. It's not easy, but its achievable)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

Receive with simplicity...

Three Hundred Nights