Thailand Dog Show 2011 @ Muang Thong Thani





If you are a lover of dogs and need to get a rest from politics, then you would most probably love going to the Thailand Dog Show that is being held at Bangkok's Impact Muang Thong Thani this weekend.  It was my first time going to the dog show and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  I just wished the event was a little bigger with more dogs for me to rub and scratch and play with.

It's a Bank Holiday today so I was fortunate to be able to go before the weekend crowd.    Before you even enter, you can smell pet food and a distinctly doggie aroma coming out of the hall.  It's not stinky, but you know there are pets inside.  That was enough to make me smile thinking of all the cute cuddly puppies inside.  There's something about dogs that just make your heart smile.

What do they have there?  Everything you could possibly need for your dog.  All the pet food companies set up booths there so you can go buy pet food, pet toys, pet clothes, pet bedding and even dog stands and hairdryers for those who want to go into business.   I'm not sure if they are cheaper than retail, but usually at shows like this they are.

My favorite section though was the area where breeders had dogs for sale.  There were Bull Terriers, Siberian Huskies, Labradors, Cocker Spaniels, Golden Retrievers, Chi Hua Hua, Pomeraniens, Pugs and a few other breeds.  I couldn't stop myself from rubbing them.  I laughed at the funny face of a white bull terrier and smiled at the beauty of a Siberian Husky.  They are beautiful, yet so independent that a scratch or rub evoked no feeling.  In the end my heart sank to the soft sweet eyes of a labrador that looked like it was in heaven while I rubbed his neck.  If I had picked him up to hold in my hands, I would most certainly have taken him home with me.  I am already dreaming of a labrador running around. Maybe a pair would be good.


I say my farewells to the puppies before I end up taking one home and walk over to see the dog contest.  Different breeds were being judged and I have to say the Doberman stood out.  Elegant and upright, it demanded utmost attention.  Standing perfectly still in upright position with a air of superiority I have to admit, I finally discovered why people like Dobermans. Before, I have always had a little fear of them. I still do, but they are indeed beautiful.

The show is only on until July 3rd at Impact Muang Thong Thani so if you are looking for a dog or just want to take your dog for a walk, then take them to the dog show.  Have fun and enjoy! Wolf wolf!

Oh, here's their website: http://www.thailand-dogshow.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

Receive with simplicity...

Three Hundred Nights