The Child Inside

It's a new year and I'm getting older.  Yes, these are two facts that one cannot avoid. Especially the painful truth of getting older.  You sense it more when some of your colleagues no longer recognize the songs you listen to nor recognzie the ones that were famous years ago when you were still in school.  No matter, I believe there is still always a child inside each of us and age are but numbers.

Amidst the different New Years present I received this year, I have to say one of my favorites was a box of 120 crayons.  Of all the stationary and art supplies I've accumulated over the past few years, I have to say crayons are something I just didn't have. Never thought of buying. Now I have them. Thank you :)  Ever since I could remember I have loved to draw and colour and cherished my box of coloured pencils and markers.  To this day I still have my complete set of coloured pencils and do occasionally still take them out to use, although those times are now limited to once or twice a year.

Playing with my crayons the other day, I abandoned by adult self, threw away the mask, and became a child once more.  I admired the different colours and how neatly they were arranged in the box.  I looked at their names and wondered who thought of all these names of these varying shades of green or pink. I wonder if these names ever changed or if there was a standard for them. 

Then I started to just scribble and randomly drew a few pictures.  I know I'm way past that age where you sit down with a piece of paper and draw, but who cares.  If you can't have a little fun and be a child at heart every now and then, life would be so boring wouldn't it?

So what was something you loved doing as a child?  Maybe this year find a little time out and do something you used to love.  You might find that it can be quite fun! :) Let the child resurface. Maybe climb a tree or jump on the trampoline.  Do becareful though. Our bodies aren't that flexible anymore. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One