Anticipating Japan: The Land of the Samurais

In less than two day's time I'll be on my annual block leave and wondering around the land of the Samurais.  I've been planning this trip for years and for some reason or the other never made it.  I've made plans before with friends, bought the guidebook and even had an itinerary. Then something comes up and 'phoof' it's off and gone. This time though the trip is set in stone with tickets issued and an itinerary prepared.  

It'll be by first time in Japan and I'm excited.  I have always loved the Japanese maple tree, the landscape, I die for japanese food, I crave to visit the zen temples and discover some peace, I admire the japanese sense of order and am enthralled by the strangeness of Murakami novels. 

There is so much that is yet to be discovered in Japan.   I grew up with a wonderful Japanese friend, and I can't wait to see her once again. It's been many many years.  Much too many.

Yet despite all this happy anticipation and planning, for some reason or the other the week ahead of any major trip for me is always so busy and hectic it always makes me feel so rushed and hurried.  There are always a zillion things I have to get done "before" the trip and make sure that everything is in place.  Sometimes I feel like I'm putting everything in place for a trip like I'd be gone for years and never to come back.  Maybe one day it'd be just like that. Who knows.

I've read the guidebook on Japan but I'm sure there are many more things out there that are not in the guidebook.  If you have any suggestions on what to visit (I'll be around Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo) and what to eat, please let me know! :)

Most importantly if there's anything special you'd be interested in hearing about during my 9 days there, let me know...I will of course attempt to blog as much as possible (depending on where I can get undisturbed internet access)   Keep tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One