Let's Join the 5K Bangkok Marathon

With all my rantngs on good eats around Bangkok and around Malaysia, I assure you I have not given up on running.  I still do go running at least twice a week even after I hurt my back and had to give myself a one week break.  It has been hard to regain the momentum I had when I was on my diet after a week off, and a lazy week after, but it is important not to give up and stop running if you want to maintain that health you worked so hard for.

I am planning to run the 5K at the Bangkok Marathon which is held annually every year in November and its about time I started training seriously.  If you are reading this, I hope you will join me this year. It's on November 21st, 2010.  (http://www.bkkmarathon.com/)

The last time I did the 5K (which by-the-way is considered  Micro-marathon, Walk and Fun Run which means they don't even consider it a "real" run) was in 2007 when I was totally unfit and unprepared.  My good friend invited me to join and I thought "why not?"  I'm really happy she did bring me along, or rather I tagged along, because it was a wonderful experience.   Waking up early before the sun rise and running along with the beautiful royal palace as a backdrop... Gorgeous.  I even still have the finisher medal.  

Going totally untrained and unfit is not recommended.  I remember being overtaken by people running along while pushing a wheelchair (since 5K is so EASY, its a "fun" run), and overtaken by people who were significantly older than me.  Being at the end of the crowd, your heart kind of just drops when you see a large crowd of people running along happily in front of you.

Anyhow, I am going to seriously start training and if you are interested, try this 5K to couch program that helps you prepare for the 5K run.  (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm somewhere around week 6, so what I have to do from now on is to push myself to run for longer periods non-stop.  Remember, running outdoors is harder than running on the treadmill, and its all the mind! :)  Oh, and if you want to do the 10K Mini-marthon or the full marathon please go ahead!!  I'm happy with the 5K for now :) See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eggs for Easter

It's all in your Mind

One for All and All for One